The Loop (Games)
Do you like this video?
The Antimatter Condenser is the thirteenth building, costing 170 trillion cookies. Each antimatter condenser initially produces 430 million CpS by condensing the antimatter in the universe into cookies.
- The most Antimatter Condensers you can buy in the Live (not beta) version is 4921. After that, the price is too high a number for the computer to process and it says infinity, which will not work even if you set your cookies to infinity. You can, however, use certain add-ons or set the prices lower in order to buy more.
- The upgrades' names are all references to current research subjects in theoretical physics, as is the Antimatter Condenser itself.
- The "Sugar bosons" upgrade is a reference to the bosons of physics. They are the photon, the gluon, the W boson, the Z boson, and the Higgs boson. (A 6th: the graviton, has been predicted but not observed yet, although there is strong evidence to suggest their existence.)
- The "String theory" upgrade is a reference to the actual string theory in theoretical physics.
- The "Large macaron collider" upgrade is a reference to the Large Hadron Collider at CERN. Its description "How singular!" is a reference to the singularities (black holes) which some have feared the LHC would produce.
- The "Big bang bake" upgrade is a reference to the big bang theory, the colloquial name for theories in which the universe started from a singularity.
- During the initial two hours, the v1.036 update was live, Antimatter Condensers had a base cost of 999,999,999 cookies, and the costs of its upgrades did not have the leading 3s. The prices were adjusted in an unlisted update.
- This building has a fixed distance between each building on the X axis, similar to Prisms and Chancemakers. It's probably supposed to make it look like the condensers are fixed to its background's vertical conveyor belts.
- The "Nanocosmics" upgrade is a reference to Orteil's other game, Nested, in which universes could be found inside the smallest particles.
- The achievement " A Matter of Perspective" could be a reference to Brisingr, a book in the Inheritance Cycle, where one of the chapters is named, "A Matter of Perspective".
- The achievement "What a Concept" continues the trend of achievements that require a lot of buildings which reference the song "All Star" by Smash Mouth.
- The Antimatter Condenser is referenced in the idle game Antimatter Dimensions in a phrase that can be seen on the game's news ticker: "Antimatter cookies have been confirmed to not exist, whoever claims that, stop. "
|Buildings overview • Category:Buildings|
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.