The Cookie, or Big Cookie, refers to the cookie on the left side of the screen. Clicking it produces cookies. The cookies produced this way count as "hand-made cookies," which are recorded on the stats screen and the number of which are important for unlocking certain achievements and upgrades. The number of clicks on the cookie is also recorded.
When the cookie is clicked, it momentarily decreases slightly in size, produces a small cookie particle effect (as of v.1.0411; as of v.2.002, the particle effect features a random assortment of every cookie upgrade the player has bought instead of simply smaller copies of the chocolate chunk Big Cookie), and displays a number that fades away while floating up to the top of the screen, indicating how many cookies the player earns from clicking the cookie. These can be disabled in the settings.
See more about cookie clicking in Cookies per Click.
|Cookie-dunker [note 1]||Dunk the cookie.
"You did it!"
|Neverclick [note 2]||Make 1 million cookies by only having clicked 15 times.||29|
|Uncanny clicker||Click really, really fast.
"Well I'll be!"
|True Neverclick [note 2]
|Make 1 million cookies with no cookie clicks.
"This kinda defeats the whole purpose, doesn't it?"
- You can get the "Cookie-dunker" achievement by re-sizing the browser window vertically when you earned 3 achievements (12% milk). Display of Milk does not need to be enabled in the Options.
- These achievements can only be obtained before ascending for the first time (or after ascending without gaining anything) or in Challenge Mode.
It is possible to turn the cookie into a cookie with a grandma face on it by copying this code into the console:
To remove it without refreshing the page, use this code.
- In the game's coding, the Big Cookie is referred to as the "perfectCookie", and the "Grandma Cookie" is referred to as the "imperfectCookie"
- During ascension, the Big Cookie explodes and then is reincarnated afterwards.
- There is a 1/10,000 chance that when clicking on the Big Cookie, Orteil's head will appear instead of a random cookie type. If you name yourself "Ortiel" [sic], it is guaranteed to show up.
|Cookie Clicker game mechanics|
|Cookies||Cookie Clicker • Clicking • Buildings|
|General||Achievements • CpS • Milk • Golden Cookies • News Ticker • Options • Cheating • Sugar Lumps • Cookies Per Click|
Multipliers: Flavored Cookies • Kittens
Research: Grandmapocalypse • Wrath Cookies • Wrinklers • Shiny wrinklers
|Ascension||Ascension • Heavenly Chips • Challenge Mode|
Valentine's Day • Business Day • Easter • Halloween • Christmas
Garden • Stock Market • Pantheon • Grimoire