The Cookie, or Big Cookie, refers to the cookie on the top left side of the screen. Clicking it produces cookies. The cookies produced this way count as "hand-made cookies," which are recorded on the stats screen and the number of which are important for unlocking certain achievements and upgrades. The number of clicks on the cookie is also recorded.
When the cookie is clicked, it momentarily decreases slightly in size, produces a small cookie particle effect (as of v.1.0411; as of v.2.002, the particle effect features a random assortment of every cookie upgrade the player has bought instead of simply smaller copies of the chocolate chunk Big Cookie), and displays a number that fades away while floating up to the top of the screen, indicating how many cookies the player earns from clicking the cookie. These can be disabled in the settings.
Starting the Game
When the players start the game, they have no cookies. The player must click the big cookie to gain more cookies, or wait until a Golden Cookie appears (recommended to get the no-click achievements). Once the player has accumulated enough cookies, they can buy buildings and upgrades, which help the player gain cookies without clicking.
Mid-Game and Late-Game
During mid-game to late-game, the player should have many buildings and upgrades allowing them to obtain cookies quickly, which makes clicking the Big Cookie seem obsolete unless you have Click Frenzy or the Dragonflight aura active. However, mid-game, with all clicking upgrades, you can gain about 10-13% of your CpS per click. With moderately fast constant clicking, the player can effectively at least double their cookie production.
Clicking the big cookie initially gives you 1 cookie per click (CpC). A number of upgrades increase this value, processed in the following order:
- The Reinforced index finger, Carpal tunnel prevention cream and Ambidextrous Upgrades each double the click value (bringing the total to 8 CpC).
- The bonuses from Clicking upgrades, Fortune Cookie Upgrade #104, and the remaining cursor upgrades (Thousand fingers,...) are added to the CpC.
- All other multipliers that affect the CpC:
- Santa's helpers increases the click value by 10% (multiplier of 1.1).
- Cookie egg increases the click value by 10% (multiplier of 1.1).
- The Heavenly Upgrade Halo Gloves increases the click value by 10% (multiplier of 1.1).
- Aura gloves and Luminous gloves increase the click value by 5% per Cursor level, maxed at level 20 Cursor (multiplier of 2).
- Krumblor's Dragon claw increase the click value by 3% (multiplier of 1.03).
- Two of Krumblor's Auras directly increase the click value. Dragon Cursor increases the click value by 5% (1.05), Reality Bending by 0.5% (1.005), and with both active, they increase click value by 5.5% (1.055).
- Golden Cookie outcome Click Frenzy multiplies CpC by 777.
- Golden Cookie outcome Dragonflight multiplies CpC by 1111 (1222.1 if Dragon fang is purchased). Dragonflight requires the Dragonflight and/or Reality Bending Auras to be active.
- Muridal, Spirit of Labor multiplies CpC by 1.15/1.1/1.05 (Diamond/Ruby/Jade), but also multiplies CpS by 0.97/0.98/0.99, which affects the amount of cookies gained from the mouse upgrades. Because of this, it is not included in the max CpS calculation below.
- Godzamok, Spirit of Ruin multiplies CpC by 1.01/1.005/1.0025 (Diamond/Ruby/Jade) for 10 seconds, depending on the numbers of buildings sold. Because of the impracticality of it (for the most part), it is not included in the max CpS calculation below.
- The Wrath Cookie outcome Cursed Finger sets CpS to 0 for ten seconds, but each click is worth an amount equal to ten seconds of normal (unwithered) production. The other CpC upgrades have no effect on Cursed Finger CpC.
Max CpC = (/click
N – total number of buildings;
C – number of Cursors;
CpS - cookies per second.
|Icon||Name||Unlock condition||Base price||Description||ID|
|Dragon claw||Random drop from petting Krumblor|| 1800 x CpS
(x 0.1 if max
|Clicks are +3% more powerful.
Cost scales with CpS, but 10 times cheaper with a fully-trained dragon.
"Will grow back in a few days' time.
A six-inch retractable claw, like a razor, from the middle toe. So you know, try to show a little respect."
"A festive hat" or evolving Santa
|2,525 ×||Clicking is 10% more powerful.
Cost scales with Santa level.
"Some choose to help hamburger; some choose to help you.
To each their own, I guess."
|Cookie egg||"Rare" eggs (see Probabilities).||999 x||Clicking is 10% more powerful.
Cost scales with how many eggs you own.
"The shell appears to be chipped.
I wonder what's inside this one!"
|"Starter kit" purchased||55,555||Clicks are 10% more powerful.
"Smite that cookie."
|"Halo gloves" purchased||Cursor levels boost clicks by 5% each (up to level 10)
"Try not to high-five anyone wearing these. You don't want that mess on your hands."
|"Aura gloves" purchased||Aura gloves are now effective up to cursor level 20.
"These help power your clicks to absurd levels, but they're also quite handy when you want to light up darkness on your way back from Glove World."
The main achievements related to the big cookie are the ones for cookies baked through clicking.
Additionally, there are four miscellaneous achievements related to the big cookie, one of which being a shadow achievement.
|Cookie-dunker [note 1]||Dunk the cookie.
"You did it!"
|Neverclick [note 2]||Make 1 million cookies by only having clicked 15 times.||29|
|Uncanny clicker||Click really, really fast.
"Well I'll be!"
|True Neverclick [note 2]
|Make 1 million cookies with no cookie clicks.
"This kinda defeats the whole purpose, doesn't it?"
- You can easily get the "Cookie-dunker" achievement by re-sizing the browser window (display of Milk does not need to be enabled in the Options, but at least 12% Milk, gained by earning 3 achievements, is required).
- These achievements can only be obtained before ascending for the first time (or after ascending without gaining anything) or in Challenge Mode.
It is possible to turn the cookie into a cookie with a grandma face on it by copying this code into the console:
To remove it without refreshing the page, use this code.
- In the game's coding, the Big Cookie is referred to as the "perfectCookie", and the "Grandma Cookie" is referred to as the "imperfectCookie"
- During ascension, the Big Cookie explodes and then is reincarnated afterwards.
- There is a 1/10,000 chance that when clicking on the Big Cookie, Orteil's head will appear instead of a random cookie type. If you name yourself "Ortiel" [sic], it is guaranteed to show up.
- The "The ultimate clickdown" upgrade is a reference to the song "The ultimate showdown" by Neil Cicierega (Lemon Demon) released in 2005.
- The "All the other kids with their pumped up clicks" upgrade is a reference to the song "Pumped Up Kicks" by Foster the People released in 2010.
|Cookie Clicker game mechanics|
|Cookies||Cookie Clicker • Clicking • Buildings|
|General||Achievements • CpS • Milk • Golden Cookies • News Ticker • Options • Cheating • Sugar Lumps • Cookies Per Click|
Multipliers: Flavored Cookies • Kittens
Research: Grandmapocalypse • Wrath Cookies • Wrinklers • Shiny wrinklers
|Ascension||Ascension • Heavenly Chips • Challenge Mode|
Valentine's Day • Business Day • Easter • Halloween • Christmas
Garden • Stock Market • Pantheon • Grimoire