When the cookie is clicked, it momentarily decreases slightly in size, produces a small cookie particle effect (as of v.1.0411; as of v.2.002, the particle effect features a random assortment of every cookie upgrade the player has bought instead of simply smaller copies of the chocolate chunk Big Cookie), and displays a number that fades away while floating up to the top of the screen, indicating how many cookies the player earned from clicking the cookie. These can be disabled in the settings.
Starting the GameEdit
When the players start the game, they have no cookies. The player must click the big cookie to gain more cookies, or wait until a Golden Cookie appears (recommended to get the no-click achievements). Once the player has accumulated enough cookies, they can buy buildings and upgrades, which could help the player gain cookies without clicking.
Mid-Game and Late-GameEdit
During mid-game to late-game, the player should have many buildings and upgrades allowing them to obtain cookies quickly, which makes clicking the Big Cookie seem obsolete unless you have Click Frenzy or the Dragonflight aura active. However, mid-game, with all clicking upgrades, you can gain about 10-13% of your CpS per click.
Clicking the big cookie initially gives you 1 cookie per click. A number of upgrades increase this value, processed in the following order:
- First, Reinforced index finger adds +1 to the click value.
- Then, Carpal tunnel prevention cream and Ambidextrous each double the click value (separately, so having both of them multiplies your total by 4).
- Then, the bonuses from Thousand fingers/etc and Plastic mouse/etc are added to the click value.
- Then, Santa's helpers increases the click value by 10% (multiplies it by 1.1).
- Then, Cookie egg increases the click value by 10% (multiplies it by 1.1).
- The Halo Gloves Prestige Upgrade increases the click value by another 10% (multiplies it by 1.1).
- If in a Click Frenzy, which can be a possible result of clicking a Golden cookie, the click value is multiplied by 777. Or if in a Dragonflight, which can be a possible result of clicking a golden cookie while having the Dragonflight Aura active, the click value is multiplied by 1111.
The main achievements related to the big cookie are the ones for cookies baked through clicking.
Additionally, there are two challenging normal achievements, as well as a challenging shadow achievement.
|Neverclick [note 1]||Make 1 million cookies by only having clicked 15 times.||29|
|Uncanny clicker||Click really, really fast.|
"Well I'll be!"
|True Neverclick [note 1]||Make 1 million cookies with no cookie clicks.|
"This kinda defeats the whole purpose, doesn't it?"
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 These achievements can only be obtained before ascending for the first time (or after ascending without gaining anything) or in Challenge Mode.
It is possible to turn the cookie into a cookie with a grandma face on it by copying this code into the console:
To remove it without refreshing the page, use this code.
- In the game's coding, the Big Cookie is referred to as the "Perfect Cookie", and the "Grandma Cookie" is referred to as the "Imperfect Cookie"
- Clicking right outside the Big Cookie will still count as a cookie click, as it is still in the "boundbox".
- During ascension, the Big Cookie explodes and then is reincarnated afterwards.
- The achievement "All the other kids with the pumped up clicks" is a reference to the famous song "Pumped Up Kicks" by American pop band, Foster The People.
|Cookie Clicker game mechanics|
|Cookies||Clicking • Buildings|
|General||Achievements • CpS • Milk • Golden Cookies • News Ticker • Options • Cheating • Sugar Lump|
|Upgrades|| Upgrades overview|
Multipliers: Flavored Cookies • Kittens
Research: Grandmapocalypse • Wrath Cookies • Wrinklers • Shiny Wrinklers
|Ascension||Ascension • Heavenly Chips • Challenge Mode|
|Seasons|| Seasons overview|
Valentine's Day • Business Day • Easter • Halloween • Christmas
|Minigames|| Minigames overview|
Garden • Pantheon • Grimoire