Buildings are the foundations of Cookie Clicker Classic. Buildings are items that gradually gain you more cookies for buying more buildings. Each building has an individual CpS (Cookies per Second) and increase in price each time you buy one. Cookie Clicker Classic Contains 9 buildings, including the Elder Pledge. Unlike in the newest version of Cookie Clicker, Buildings produces cookies every 5 seconds.
Each building's price is calculated with the following formula, rounded to the nearest integer:
- where M = number of that type of building currently owned.
Therefore, the cumulative price for N buildings is calculated as a finite geometric series:
|Name||Shop icon||Icon||Base Cost||Cookies/5 seconds||CpS||Description|
E.Pledge: 1.5 ×[cursor amount]
E.Pledge: 0.3 ×[cursor amount]
|Autoclicks every 5 seconds.|
E.Pledge: +0.5 ×[portal amount]
E.Pledge: +0.1 ×[portal amount]
|A nice grandma to bake more cookies.|
|Factory||500||20||4||Produces large quantities of cookies.|
|Mine||2,000||50||10||Mines out cookie dough and chocolate chips.|
|Shipment||7,000||100||20||Brings in fresh cookies from the cookie planet.|
|Alchemy Lab||50,000||500||100||Turns gold into cookies!|
|Portal||1 million||6,666||1,333.2||Opens a door to the cookieverse.|
|Time Machine||123.457 million||123,456||24,691.2||Brings cookies from the past, before they were even eaten.|
|Elder Pledge||666,666||Puts an end to the Ancients' wrath, at least for a while.|
Initially, grandma output is 4 cookies every five seconds. By buying each upgrade, this number will increase.
|Building required||Grandma||Increase||Cookies/5 seconds||CpS||Stacked increase||Stacked Cookies/5 seconds||Stacked CpS|
|Elder Pledge||+0.5 ×[portal amount]||4+0.5 ×[portal amount]||0.8+0.1 ×[portal amount]||+21+0.5 ×[portal amount]||25+0.5 ×[portal amount]||5+0.1 ×[portal amount]|
Multiple copies of these items have no effect on Grandma cookie output. This allows a maximum output of 25 cookies per 5 seconds per grandma without Elder Pledge in effect.
As of the 0.1251 update, when the Elder Pledge is purchased, Grandma output increases by +0.5 for each portal purchased. Each fully upgraded grandma produces cookies according to the following formula, rounded to the nearest integer:
As of the 0.1251 update, when the Elder Pledge is purchased, Cursor output increases by x1.5 for each cursor purchased. Each cursors produces cookies according to the following formula, rounded to the nearest integer:
- Elder Pledge is considered a "building", as in the game there were no upgrades. However, it does not behave like one fully.
- Grandmas get the upgrade from each building´s look when you buy the building.
- The initial cost of a time machine is all the numbers from 1 to 9.
- The Pledge grandma appears somewhat like the Portal grandma, except only having a head.
- Cursors, grandmas, and time machines are the only buildings to share a base cost with the corresponding object of the live version, as of 1.0466. As of version 2, only cursors and grandmas share a price with the corresponding building in the live version.
- No building shares its CpS with the corresponding building in the live version, however factories, shipments, and portals give 20, 100, and 6666 cookies per 5 seconds, the same as the corresponding buildings' CpS in the live version up to 1.0466. As of v.2, no buildings have this property.
- The images from the shop are very different from the ones in actual gameplay,with the exception of cursors.