The Quarry - The Loop
Do you like this video?
|Icon||Name||Unlock condition||Base price||Description||ID|
|Lucky grandmas||15 chancemakers and 1 grandma owned||Grandmas are twice as efficient. Chancemakers gain +1% CpS per 13 grandmas.
"A fortunate grandma that always seems to find more cookies."
|Gemmed talismans||15 Mines, 15 Chancemakers and "Synergies Vol. I" purchased||Mines gain +5% CpS per chancemaker.
Chancemakers gain +0.1% CpS per mine.
"Good-luck charms covered in ancient and excruciatingly rare crystals. A must have for job interviews!"
|Charm quarks||75 Antimatter condensers, 75 Chancemakers and "Synergies Vol. II" purchased||Antimatter condensers gain +5% CpS per chancemaker.
Chancemakers gain +0.1% CpS per antimatter condenser.
"They're after your lucky quarks!"
"Like quantum computing, but more fun.
(Your ticket reads , entitling you to [randomized message].)"[note 1]
|Fortune #015||Random fortune from news ticker||Chancemakers are 7% more efficient and 7% cheaper.
"Don't leave to blind chance what you could accomplish with deaf skill."
|"Unshackled prisms" purchased||Tiered upgrades for Chancemakers provide an extra +60% production.
Only works with unshackled upgrade tiers.
"You make the rules."
- Tombola tickets:
- Random calculation: Math.floor(Math.random()*5+2) = number between 2-6
- one free use of Math.random()
- one qubit, whatever that is
- one half-eaten cookie
- a brand new vacuum cleaner
- most of one room-temperature cup of orange soda
- one really good sandwich
- one handful of pocket lint
- someone's mostly clean hairpiece
- a trip to a fancy restaurant
- the knowledge of those numbers
- a furtive glance at the news ticker
- another ticket, half-price
- all-you-can-eat moldy bread
- one lifetime supply of oxygen
- the color [random]
- Random pick: red, orange, yellow, green, blue, purple, black, white, gray, brown, pink or teal
- increased intellect for a limited time
- an ancient runesword
- the throne of a far-away country
- the position of Mafia capo. Good luck
- one free time-travel week-end
- something beautiful
- the deed to some oil well
- one hamburger made out of the animal, plant, or person of your choice
- the last surviving [random]
- Random pick: dodo bird, thylacine, unicorn, dinosaur or neanderthal
- a deep feeling of accomplishment
- a fleeting tinge of entertainment
- a vague sense of unease
- deep existential dread
- one extra week added to your lifespan
- breathe manually
- blink right here and now
- one meeting with any famous person, living or dead, in your next dream
- one very nice dream
- a wacky sound effect
- 45 seconds of moral flexibility
- hundreds and thousands, also known as "sprinkles"
- one circle, triangle, square or other simple geometric shape, of average dimensions
- just this extra bit of randomness
- the extra push you needed to turn your life around
- a good fright
- one secret superpower
- a better luck next time
- an irrational phobia of tombola tickets
- one whole spider
- an increased sense of self-worth and determination
- inner peace
- one double-XP week-end in the MMORPG of your choice
- a little piece of the universe, represented by the trillions of atoms that make up this very ticket
- food poisoning
- the Moon! Well, conceptually
- a new car, baby
- a new catchphrase
- an intrusive thought of your choice
- - ...aw man, it just cuts off there
- the director spot for the next big hit movie
- really good-looking calves
- one genuine pirate golden doubloon
- "treasure and riches", or something
- one boat, sunken
- baby shoes, never worn
- direct lineage to some King or Queen
- innate knowledge of a dead language you'll never encounter
- the melody of a song you don't know the words to
- white noise
- mild physical impairment
- a new pair of lips
- things, and such
- one popular expression bearing your name
- one typo
- one get-out-of-jail-free card
- the rest of your life... for now
- one polite huff
- a condescending stare
- one cursed monkey paw
- true love, probably
- an interesting factoid about the animal, country, TV show or celebrity of your choice
- a pop culture reference
- minutes of fun
- the etymology of the word "tombola" - it's Italian for "a tumble"
- nothing. You lost, sorry
- Ironically, most of the prices for chancemaker upgrades have to do with the number 13, which is a stereotypically unlucky number.
- This excludes the upgrade "Your lucky cookie", at 260 quadrillion (which is divisible by 13, however).
- Additionally, the upgrade "Lucky Grandma" is the 13th grandma upgrade in the game.
- The die icon used for the chancemaker and some of its upgrades and achievements features the 1, 4, and 2 sides of the die. 1 + 4 + 2 = 7, a famously lucky number.
- The "Your lucky cookie" description of the first cookie you've ever baked might be a reference to Scrooge McDuck's Number One Dime, the first coin that Scrooge McDuck had ever earned.
- The "'All Bets Are Off' magic coin" upgrade may be a reference to Discworld, in which areas with high background magic may cause coins to do various weird things instead of landing on heads or tails.
- The achievement "Million to one shot, doc" references a quote from the TV sitcom Seinfeld.
- The achievement "You'll never know if you don't go" references the popular song All Star by Smash Mouth.
- The flavor text for the upgrade "Winning lottery ticket" refers to a scene in the game Fallout: New Vegas; in particular, the delirious ramblings of the former Powder Ganger Oliver Swanick.
- The upgrade "Improbability drive" is a reference to the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy books, which themselves are parodied in its description.
- The flavor text for the "Four-leaf clover field" upgrade refers to the titular monster of the similarly named film Cloverfield.
- The "Be a lady" achievement references the song "Luck Be A Lady" from the movie Guys and Dolls.
- The achievement "Ever in your favor" is a reference to The Hunger Games, namely the saying "May the odds be ever in your favor".
|Buildings overview • Category:Buildings|