Cookie Clicker Wiki is a wiki for information, strategies and news related to the game Cookie Clicker. We're hard at work to ensure we provide the best resource for fans of Cookie Clicker on the internet, and are currently working on making this site look even better and easier to navigate. Click here to create your own account!
This wiki should only contain canon Cookie Clicker information; fan-related stuff should be in Cookie Clicker Fanon Wiki.
What is Cookie Clicker?
It is an "incrementer" game, as proclaimed by Orteil. The point of the game is to bake cookies by clicking on a giant cookie until you have enough cookies to buy upgrades. The seemingly endless gameplay makes it a game that can last an indefinite amount of time, or at least until your device can no longer run it.
It can be found at http://orteil.dashnet.org/cookieclicker/
Latest update - March 5, 2019
- "cookies for days"
- added over 20 new cookies, all previously suggested by our supporters on Patreon
- added 2 heavenly upgrades
- the Golden goose egg now counts as a golden cookie upgrade for Residual luck golden sugar *lumps now either double your cookies, or give you 24 hours of your CpS, whichever is lowest (previously was doubling cookies with no cap)
- the amount of heralds is now saved with your game, and is used to compute offline CpS the next time the game is loaded; previously, on page load, the offline calculation assumed heralds to be 0
- added a system to counteract the game freezing up (and not baking cookies) after being inactive for a long while on slower computers; instead, this will now trigger sleep mode, during which you still produce cookies as if the game was closed; to enable this feature, use the "Sleep mode timeout" option in the settings
- vaulting upgrades is now done with shift-click, as ctrl-click was posing issues for Mac browsers
- made tooltips for building CpS boosts from synergies hopefully clearer
- fixed an exploit with gambler's fever dream working across exports and ascensions
- can now hide tooltips in the garden by keeping the shift key pressed to make it easier to see where you're planting
- fixed a bug with golden cookies/reindeer not disappearing properly in some circumstances
- the Dragon's Curve aura should now properly make sugar lumps twice as weird
- the ctrl key should less often register incorrectly as pressed
- added a new ad slot in the top-right, as while our playerbase is strong and supportive as ever, our ad revenue sometimes fluctuates badly; we may remove the ad again should our income stabilize
- made a few adjustments to make the game somewhat playable in mobile browsers; it's not perfect and can get buggy, but it's functional! (you may need to zoom out or scroll around to view the game properly)
- speaking of which, we also got some good progress on the mobile app version (built from scratch for mobile), so stay tuned!
What is Orteil working on?
Development of an Android and a possible iOS port was announced on August 26th. The Android port is in progress and is planning on porting to other platforms later.
Need help on the wiki?
If you're new to wikis, please check out this handy help page!
If you notice an issue on the wiki, feel free to contact an active Administrator to assist you.