CpS is short for cookies per second, and represents the number of cookies earned for every second of game play. CpS is one of the most important values in Cookie Clicker. The more CpS you have, the quicker you can buy upgrades and buildings.
To calculate the total CpS, first add together the CpS values for all buildings (see the Buildings article for details) and multiply it by the Pantheon building multipliers. If you have the "egg" upgrade, add 9 to this total. This is the base CpS. The base CpS is then multiplied by several multipliers, one after the other:
- First is the Prestige bonus. Each Prestige level is worth 1% once Prestige has been fully unlocked.
- The Dragon God aura multiplies this bonus by an extra 1.05; Reality Bending adds 0.005 to this multiplier
- Lucky digit, Lucky number, and Lucky payout heavenly upgrades multiply the bonus by 1.01 each
- Pantheon god Dotjeiss multiplies the bonus by 0.7/0.8/0.9
- Next are the Minigame effects from the Garden and the Grimoire.
- Next Heralds gives +1% CpS for each patreon supporter.
- Next are the cookie upgrades. Each cookie multiplies independently, so with 5 cookies at 2% each, the multiplier is 1.025.
- The Starlove heavenly upgrade increases Valentine's cookies from 2% to 3%
- Pantheon God Selebrak makes Valentine's cookies 30%/20%/10% more powerful
- Next are the Grandmapocalypse upgrades: Specialized chocolate chips (1%), Designer cocoa beans (2%), Underworld ovens (3%), Exotic nuts (4%), and Arcane sugar (5%), multiplied independently.
- Next are the Santa upgrades: Increased merriness (15%), Improved jolliness (15%), A lump of coal (1%), An itchy sweater (1%), Santa's dominion (20%), and Santa's legacy, which is worth 3% per Santa level, maxing out at 45%. All of these are multiplied independently.
- Next are the Fortune upgrades: Fortune #100 (1%), Fortune #101 (7%).
- Next is the Dragon upgrade Dragon scale (3%).
- Next are the following Pantheon effects:
- Holobore: +15/10/5% CpS
- Cyclius: fluctuating ±15% CpS bonus with effect cycling over 3/12/24 hours
- Vomitrax: -7/5/2% building CpS
- Muridal: -3/2/1% building CpS
- Jeremy: +10/6/3% building CpS
- Next are the kitten upgrades. See Milk for calculation details.
- Next is the Easter egg bonus. There are 12 common eggs which each carry a 1% multiplicative bonus, and the Century egg is variable from 0% to 10% (see its page for details). Therefore, the final multiplier with all eggs is between 1.0112≈1.127 and 1.1×1.0112≈1.140.
- Next is the effect of Sugar Baking: 1% for every unspent sugar lump, capped at 100.
- Next are the Dragon auras: Radiant Appetite multiplies production by 2, Dragon's Fortune multiplies production by 2.23 for each Golden Cookie on screen, Reality Bending adds 0.1 to the Radiant appetite multiplier and 0.123 to the Dragon's Fortune multiplier.
- If your bakery name is Orteil, production is multiplied by 0.99, and if it is Ortiel, 0.98. These are not case sensitive.
- The Wrinkler multiplier is equal to -5% times the number of Wrinklers on your Big Cookie, so if you have 5 wrinklers, you have a -25% bonus (multiplier of 0.75). This maxes out at 12 wrinklers, for a -60% multiplier (However, see the Wrinkler section for why wrinklers are actually quite good).
- If the Elder Covenant is active, production is multiplied by 0.95.
- If the Golden switch is active, production is multiplied by at least 1.5. With Residual Luck, each of the following golden cookie upgrades adds 0.1 to the multiplier: Get lucky, Lucky day, Serendipity, Golden goose egg, Heavenly luck, Lasting fortune, Decisive fate, Lucky digit, Lucky number, and Lucky payout.
- If the Shimmering Veil is on, production is multiplied by 1.5. Reinforced membrane adds 0.10 to this multiplier, and each of Delicate touch, Steadfast murmur, and Glittering edge add 0.05 to this multiplier for a maximum of a 1.75 multiplier.
- If you're currently experiencing any Buffs, they provide an additional multiplier.
- Golden Cookie Buffs:
- Wrath Cookie Buffs:
- Sugar Frenzy is 3×
Multiplying together all of these bonuses, excluding the Pantheon building multipliers and the Wrinkler multiplier, gives the "multiplier" number seen on the Stats page. Multiplying the base CpS by this multiplier gives you the final "Cookies per second" number seen on the Stats page. The "Raw cookies per second" stat seen on the Stats page is calculated the same way by stopping after step 13 and excluding the effect of the Dragon's Fortune aura.
|Cookie Clicker game mechanics|
|Cookies||Cookie Clicker • Clicking • Buildings|
|General||Achievements • CpS • Milk • Golden Cookies • News Ticker • Options • Cheating • Sugar Lumps • Cookies Per Click|
Multipliers: Flavored Cookies • Kittens
Research: Grandmapocalypse • Wrath Cookies • Wrinklers • Shiny wrinklers
|Ascension||Ascension • Heavenly Chips • Challenge Mode|
Valentine's Day • Business Day • Easter • Halloween • Christmas
Garden • Stock Market • Pantheon • Grimoire