Open Sesame is the control panel for Cookie Clicker. It can be opened with a console command, or by changing the name of your bakery.
Opening this panel will secretly award the player the "Cheated cookies taste awful" Shadow Achievement for cheating in cookies, even if the panel's functions are not actually ever used.
The panel has many features, such as spawning Golden Cookies with whatever power you want. It also includes features such as debug Upgrades, that do various things from making golden cookies spawn rapidly to setting cookie production to 0. Also holding "CTRL" on your keyboard while clicking a Wrinkler will toggle it between its shiny and normal state.
and upgrades can be added and removed at will, either with the add/remove all buttons on the panel, or by toggling them on/off from the stats menu using a debug upgrade. For instance, you can remove "Cheated cookies taste awful", making it appear as though you haven't cheated.
Here are two methods to open the console.
- You can open the console using this command.
- You can also add 'saysopensesame' to the end of your bakery's name. For example, "Rachel's Bakery" becomes "Rachel saysopensesame's Bakery", or "Rachelsaysopensesame's Bakery". It is worth noting that if adding this phrase to the end of the name exceeds the character limit, the game will cut off the end of the phrase, and the command will not work. Changing your name afterwards will not close the console unless you refresh the page.
There are eleven new debug upgrades in Open Sesame mode. As this is virtually a hack, they are all ridiculously overpowered. All the upgrades can be toggled on and off at will for the price of seven cookies directly under the Upgrades tab in the Stats menu.
|Icon||Name||Unlock condition||Base price||Description||ID|
|Ultrascience||Debug mode||7||Research takes only 5 seconds.
|Gold hoard||Golden cookies appear really often.
"That's entirely too many."
|Neuromancy||Can toggle upgrades on and off at will in the stats menu.
"Can also come in handy to unsee things that can't be unseen."
|Perfect idling||You keep producing cookies even while the game is closed.
"It's the most beautiful thing I've ever seen."
|Wrinkler doormat||Wrinklers spawn much more frequently.
"You're such a pushover."
|Reindeer season||Reindeer spawn much more frequently.
"Go, Cheater! Go, Hacker and Faker!"
|Eternal seasons||Seasons now last forever.
"Season to taste."
|Magic shenanigans||Cookie production multiplied by 1,000.
"It's magic. I ain't gotta explain sht"
|Occult obstruction||Cookie production reduced to 0.
"If symptoms persist, consult a doctor."
|Glucose-charged air||Sugar lumps coalesce a whole lot faster.
"Don't breathe too much or you'll get diabetes!"
|Turbo-charged soil||Garden plants grow every second.
Garden seeds are free to plant.
You can switch soils at any time.
"It's got electrolytes!"
|A really good guide book||???
(Hidden description: "All dungeon locations behave as if unlocked. You may shift-click a dungeon location to teleport there.")
(Hidden flavor text: "It even tells you which hotels to avoid!"
- The flavor text of "Ultrascience" may be a reference to a quote said by Jesse Pinkman in a Breaking Bad episode titled "A No-Rough-Stuff-Type Deal."
- The flavor text of "Turbo-Charged Soil" is a reference to a line from Idiocracy where the idiotic people in the future think electrolytes is what plants crave.
- The flavor text of "Reindeer Season" is a parody of the reindeer names roll call in the Santa's Reindeer song.
- The flavor text of "Magic Shenanigans" is based on a meme of the same name.