Cookie Clicker has various options to stop your computer from melting into a pile of silicon and rainbow LEDs. Disabling these options may increase performance and may reduce your enjoyment of the game.
To access the options, click the "Options" tab at the top.
- Save: (Formerly saved to cookies) Saves your game progress on your computer to local storage in your browser.
- Export save: Brings up your save string so you can copy it somewhere and import it later to continue the game.
- Import save: Paste your save string to continue your game.
- Save to/Load from file: Allows you to save/load your game to/from a local file on your computer.
- Wipe save: (Formerly called Hard Reset) Resets absolutely everything, including prestige, as if starting a completely new game.
- Volume: Adjust in-game volume.
- Fancy graphics: Toggles fancy graphics, which includes shadows, shading, lighting, and the way cursors move around the Big Cookie.
- CSS filters: Adds drop shadows to all GUI elements with the icon class (upgrades, buildings, achievements, etc.)
- Particles: Toggles particles, which includes the falling cookies in the background and the rotating light around the Big Cookie.
- Numbers: Toggles display of the numbers when the Big Cookie is clicked.
- Milk: Toggles display of the waves of milk.
- Cursors: Toggles displaying the circle of Cursors.
- Wobbly cookie: Adds wobbling when the cookie shrinks/enlarges. (mouseover, mouseout, mousedown, mouseup)
- Alt cookie sound: Switch sounds the cookie makes when clicked.
- Icon crates: Displays boxes around upgrades and achievements when turned on.
- Alt font: Alternate number font for cookies in bank.
- Short numbers: Toggles the quantity of cookies to be shown using the names of large numbers instead of an exact figure. Currently uses the "short scale" common in the US, Canada, and modern British.
- Fast notes: When enabled, the game notifications fade faster.
- Closing Warning: The game will ask you to confirm when you close the window.
- Defocus: The game will be less resource-intensive when out of focus (that is, when you are looking at a different window in your browser).
- Extra buttons: Add Mute buttons on buildings (Except cursors).
- Lump confirmation: The game will ask you to confirm before spending sugar lumps.
- Custom grandmas: Some grandmas will be named after patreon supporters.
- Sleep mode timeout: On slower computers, the game will put itself in sleep mode when it´s inactive and starts to lag out; offline CpS production kicks in during sleep mode.
|Cookie Clicker game mechanics|
|Cookies||Clicking • Buildings|
|General||Achievements • CpS • Milk • Golden Cookies • News Ticker • Options • Cheating • Sugar Lump|
|Upgrades|| Upgrades overview|
Multipliers: Flavored Cookies • Kittens
Research: Grandmapocalypse • Wrath Cookies • Wrinklers • Shiny wrinklers
|Ascension||Ascension • Heavenly Chips • Challenge Mode|
|Seasons|| Seasons overview|
Valentine's Day • Business Day • Easter • Halloween • Christmas
|Minigames|| Minigames overview|
Garden • Pantheon • Grimoire