Shiny wrinklers are wrinklers that are whitish-gold in color. Normal wrinklers give x1.1 the number of cookies they consume; shiny wrinklers give x3.8. They are affected multiplicately by Sacrilegious Corruption and Wrinklerspawn, making them give x3.99 the amount of cookies with one and x4.19 with both. They also take 12 clicks to burst as opposed to the normal wrinklers' only 3 clicks. They have a 1/10000 chance (0.01%) of spawning instead of a normal wrinkler.
This spreadsheet provides calculations on what amount of CpS is being generated with varying amounts of normal and shiny wrinklers, with or without various upgrades. For instance, 10 normal wrinklers (with no relevant upgrades) generate x6 CpS; if one of these wrinklers is shiny production will increase to x7.1 CpS. The maximum possible value is, in theory, a x30.52 multiplier, with 12 shiny wrinklers along with Wrinklerspawn, Sacrilegious Corruption and Skruuia, the Spirit of Scorn.
The shadow achievement Last Chance To See is given by popping a shiny wrinkler.
- The term "shiny" is a reference to Pokémon. In Pokémon, there is an exceptionally small chance (A 1/8192 chance in the games before Generation 6, a 1/4096 chance as of Generation 6, both under normal conditions) that a Pokémon will have a different color and sparkle. Those Pokémon are called Shiny Pokémon. However, unlike shiny wrinklers, they provide no gameplay benefit and are only visual.
- "Last Chance To See" is a reference to a book by Douglas Adams about species on the brink of extinction.
- During Christmas Season, the shiny wrinkler does not wear a Santa hat nor have stripes.
- During Halloween Season, the chance to get a Halloween cookie by popping a shiny wrinkler is slightly higher than popping a normal one.
- In Debug Mode, it is possible to toggle a wrinkler between its normal and shiny states by Ctrl+clicking on it.
|Cookie Clicker game mechanics|
|Cookies||Clicking • Buildings|
|General||Achievements • CpS • Milk • Golden Cookies • News Ticker • Options • Cheating • Sugar Lump|
|Upgrades|| Upgrades overview|
Multipliers: Flavored Cookies • Kittens
Research: Grandmapocalypse • Wrath Cookies • Wrinklers • Shiny wrinklers
|Ascension||Ascension • Heavenly Chips • Challenge Mode|
|Seasons|| Seasons overview|
Valentine's Day • Business Day • Easter • Halloween • Christmas
|Minigames|| Minigames overview|
Garden • Pantheon • Grimoire